Monday 30 July 2012

beach huts


hello.. 
how was your weekend?


i was motivated to get the sewing machine out for a change last week on a cold and wintery weekend & came up with these little beach huts. i already had most of the fabric & bits leftover from other things.

to make your own: 

  • cut the beach hut shape from thick paper and traced around it onto the fabric with chalk. cut 2. 
  • do the same for the other shapes. stitch doors and decorations to the front. i drew the anchor on fabric with a pen. this could be embroidered & a child's name or a number added instead.
  • i sewed the 2 sides together around the outside edges for a rustic look, so the fabric frays. leaving the bottom open fill with pillow stuffing then sew the bottom edge.



i bought the pom-pom braid & this fabric for the beach huts and realised there was enough for a small cushion. with the pom-pom edges it looks a bit like a beach towel.
the back is an envelope style, so no zippers or buttons needed. it works well and was quick to make.




hang on a bedroom door or cupboard


nautical or shabby chic?

cheryl

31 comments:

  1. those are adorable. wish I had them for my coastal bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear cheryl,
    ohhh I´m so excited....so cute houses....I love your works so mutch!!!!Have a nice week and hopefully it gets warmer for you!!!
    Sincerely Flori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou :) definitely looking forward to spring!

      Delete
  3. They are so cute... well done! x Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are amazing......you need to sell these.
    Everything you do looks soooo good ;o)
    I wish I was that creative.
    Tania xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nauti-shabby I tink! Very cute x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I always make envelope cushions too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty Cheryl. Well done. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so clever, they are completely divine!! Very impressed with the cushion as well. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic work. Will we see these on your coastal Christmas tree?
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely!! I love these sweet mini-houses:)
    Magda

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are soooooo cute!...you are so clever and I love the pom pom trim... I gotta make me some of these.
    thanks for sharing your tips.
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your beach huts are charming and I've pinned them for a cold blustery day of sewing which won't be for about six months here. Something fun to look forward to! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love them both! How original!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so cute! Wish I could sew. I do everything
    by hand as I gave my sewing machine to my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aren't you just the crafty little minx!! These look great, much nicer than anything you can buy in the shop.x

    ReplyDelete
  16. nautical for sure. Adore this post, hun. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit post and guest post for Lauren Conrad. Thanks, love. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are absolutely fabulous. How fun. I love all the added charm with the different trims. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH MY I must try these for my beach house:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your pillow and lil beach huts are so cute! Great idea...........

    Blessings, Nellie
    I think they are nautical, coastal or beachy..........lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these! I love any project that uses scraps of leftover fabric and you could create an entire coastal village of these :~)

    ReplyDelete
  21. These beach houses are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are the sweetest! My MIL would love one. Thanks for sharing with air your laundry friday! xo Jami

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...