Wednesday 5 December 2012

bird & bear boathouse




You've got to love Sydney, not only for it's beaches but for waterside spots like this. I recently stumbled upon this laid back boathouse cafe on a Sydney Harbour marina. 
It's on the edge of one of the most densely populated parts of the city, only a couple of kilometres from the hustle and bustle.



I love the way it's decorated with weathered planters, succulents and rustic boxes of fruit along with the nautical bits and pieces that belong at the marina.
I haven't eaten here, look forward to going back to try it out.
By the way, I would avoid weekends. Like a lot of places in Sydney, weekdays are so much more peaceful & uncrowded.






A simple design for an outdoor table.







Bird & Bear Boathouse
1 Ithace Rd (Beere Park)
Elizabeth Bay

joining
romantic home



  


17 comments:

  1. What a lovely spot. Saw this reviewed in the herald a while back and thought I should head on over. Thanks for reminding me.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Anything by the water is great but when it's quirky and unique it's even better! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. I'm with you, I hate over-crowded places on weekends. I prefer to go mid-week for a more relaxed and quiet experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i could very easily sit back and drink coffee in that little spot. just pristine! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful. I love just to sit and watch the boats come and go from the marina's anyway, when you find a cute little restaurant with it that is icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is picturesque and the perfect place to spend the day! I need some 'down' time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quirky decorating style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving it !!!!!!!!!!!! I love your blog.. Think I will stay awhile .. Have a blessed week

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks like a totally cool place cheryl and your photos are so vivid and clear. I really must visit sydney one day!
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a perfect place to while away a sunny afternoon!

    Melissah from Coastal Style

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will have to put on my 'must do "list. Thanks. G.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks fascinating, thanks for the info - and great pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these type of places and always try to seek them out.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great find. I had no idea this place existed but I am definitely going to check it out. Thanks for the heads up. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love primary colors so all of your photos resonated with me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...