We all share a love of the ocean and the peace and serenity it brings us.
Let's think about the impact of plastic pollution on our seas - a problem that's growing at an alarming rate. Massive islands of rubbish are floating around the world's oceans. Tens of thousands of marine animals are killed every year when they swallow or become entangled in plastic rubbish. Plastic decomposes into tiny pieces that enter the bodies of sea animals and becomes part of our food chain. It can take hundreds of years for plastic to break down.
I love this art created with rubbish found on the beach. It highlights the problem while at the same time creating something beautiful.
A few ways each of us can give back and help save our oceans:
- Every single piece of rubbish we pick up can make a difference
- Carry a reusable water bottle rather than buying the plastic kind
- Store food in non disposable containers
- Bring your own cloth bag when shopping
- Recycle whenever possible
via 1. beachedart.blogspot.com 2. www.facebook.com/MyBeachArt